When you are one Chromecast in your home, that device may no longer work properly. You Chromecast changing wifi can be a solution, for example. But it is also good to know how this works when you use a completely new WiFi network in your home.
Chromecast change wifi
Je Chromecast can remember one Wi-Fi network at a time. So do you take it to a friend (because you want to watch a series there or want to play a game), then you have to adjust the Wi-Fi network. In this article we explain how that works. This is done in just a few steps.
Before we start it's good to know that you Chromecast and your phone or tablet must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Turn on the TV and switch to the channel of the Chromecast. Can't find that channel? Perhaps the connection is not properly in the HDMI port. Check the connection or plug the Chromecast equally good at it. There is no light on the Chromecast, it may be that the plug is not (properly) inserted.
- Within Google Home, tap the Chromecast. The device has a unique name, which you chose during installation. Perhaps it is a name in the direction of Living Room or Bedroom. Those are default option that Google often suggests. In our screenshots we use the name Chromecast Ultra.
- Tap the gear icon at the top right. This will take you to the settings.
- Select the Wi-Fi option or press the text Forget.
- When you do that, a pop-up will appear asking if you are sure.
- Confirm your choice. Now you can Chromecast reset and link to your Wi-Fi network.
Chromecast change wifi: and if it doesn't work?
It may happen that changing the Chromecast wifi fails when you can't manage to get on the network where the Chromecast previously associated with.
For example, because you bought a second-hand car. What is the best thing to do in that case?
✔ Operate with remote control + app
✔ Very affordable
✔ Good value for money
You can then fall back on the manual reset options. The Chromecast has a physical reset button that you can use.
That button is next to the USB connection. The size of that button differs per model. On the Chromecast Ultra it is a small button that is neatly concealed.
- Press the reset button and hold it for a while. When you hold down the button, the LED light flashes orange. Only when that light turns white can you stop pressing.
- Now get the Chromecast of the stream. You can remove the USB cable from the Chromecast or simply remove the plug from the socket.
- Now wait a few seconds (XNUMX seconds is often enough), so that you can be sure that the device is completely back to the factory settings.
- After the reset, you are supposed to add the device as a new device on your network.
Wi-Fi Chromecast change: things to remember
Why is it important to turn on the TV for this process, when you actually control everything via your phone?
Well, this way you can immediately see if you Chromecast has an internet connection or not. If there is no internet, you will not see a clock with the current time, for example.
Should it happen that you do not see a WiFi option within the settings of the Chromecast of which you want to change the Wi-Fi network, then it has no internet at that time.
Then you have to go back to the factory settings by performing the manual reset.
You can also immediately find out if you Chromecast has a Wi-Fi connection or not by checking if it appears in your list of Cast devices.
Do you use a music or video streaming service and can you Chromecast not in the list, then that device is offline.